SLIM TWIG MAKES MUSIC IN TORONTO, HE SHOOTS THE SHIT HERE.





Monday, July 16, 2012

SOF' SIKE

It has been 3 years since I released a legit full length album on an actual record label. Some people are liable to tell you this is my 'sophomore album'... I'm liable to disagree, as I think of things in a more fluid context. I consider A Sheik... to be a legitimate album, also I recorded another full length album (more to come on that one) before this latest one so which truly comes first in any chronology? None of it matters, I present to you...

SOF' SIKE

A pop album. A diverse collection of softly psychedelic propositions. Collaborators include those familiar & friendly moons of the Slim Twig planet: Carl Didur & Louis Percival, Tim Westberg & Meg Remy. Simple and friendly songs recorded at home, on the island and at the space.

Album released August 21st on Paper Bag Records. Videos forthcoming...

PRE-ORDER THIS LOVELY PLATTER.


or 


iTunes Canada
iTunes USA





Slim Twig - Sof' Sike

A
The Shortest Path To Hell
Still The Same
LaBeija Pen'Davis
Gun Shy
Madeline Has A Body
Marzipan Sands
The Golden Rule

B
Priscilla*
I'll Always Be A Child*
Vile City^
Altered Ego
Bold Is The White Ship
Love You As I Lay


2012

*Taken from 12" split with U.S. Girls on Palmist Records.
^Taken from Bloodstains Across Ontario compilation on Mammoth Cave Records.

2 comments:

Olivia Zomboid said...

Yes! I've been waiting for this--can't wait to listen to the new record!!! Other than that, do you know where I could be able to buy your other records online (with shipping to Europe)? The only one I've had luck finding is the Derelict Dialect/Vernacular Violence LP. I'm particularly interested in Contempt! and your split with U.S. Girls... and A Sheik in Shores.
Aaaand one more thing--COME BACK TO EUROPE! I'd love to see a show with you again. Take care. X Olivia

Jennifer said...

beyond delighted that the release of 3!!! new albums worth of material is looming on the horizon. music heaven awaits. Think I should put the Sof Sike album cover on a wall somewhere in an ornate gold frame.
love always
j

BOOKING

North America: Sam Kogon / sam@panacherock.com
All other inquiries: Dara Kartz / darakartz@gmail.com